My view tonight:
And also this:
September got off to an autumnal start with a good pour of rain this morning. It makes the sun look all the sweeter.
Peter and I are puppy-sitting for a few weeks. This week we’re making the transition to having Bella the Dog stay at our place during the day. Our little boathouse suddenly feels a lot smaller with an extra body in it. Especially a body who likes to lay itself on the floor of the kitchen as I cook dinner. To be fair to Bella, I am a messy cook and she helps out by licking the floor.
So far her likes include:
- eating dead things she finds on the beach
- chasing the light from my watch when reflected on the floor or the wall or the ceiling
- checking her food dish to see if anything new has been added
- sleeping underneath the bed at night
Things she barks at include (but are not limited to)
- our vaccuum
- people in rainsuits
- baby strollers
- her own reflection in a mirror
- a worm
She also keeps my feet warm when she lays on them as I read on the couch. It’s nice to have a dog around.