We moved! And it turned out that our new house had never had internet hooked up before. So we waited two weeks. They sent a guy. He needed a truck. We waited a week. Another guy showed up. And twenty days later we have internet.
Yet just as it did in the nineties, life exists without internet. Here are some of the things we did:
- We moved! We’re now in our new house!
- We enjoyed one last sunset in the boathouse.
- We finished renos on the new house! (Depending on how you look at it, we may or may not have finished said renos before we moved in. But they’re done now. Mostly.)
- I cleaned a house. Then I moved and cleaned another house.
- Pearl and I went on many long walks to explore our new neighbourhood.
- Some of those walks were simply so she could nap away from renovations.
- We also had some good backyard times.
- We found the quickest route to the corner store. Important.
- We explored the local beaches and found the best spots for swimming. While we’re no longer right on the water, there are a couple of really nice beaches just five minutes away.
- Peter took a week off work so that he could actually enjoy some of his summer.
- We waited four hours at the ferry terminal! Pearl didn’t seem to mind too much.
- We spent a lake day with friends. Pearl did awesome, even taking a nap in our friends’ trailer. We took her swimming in the lake and she liked it a lot better than the ocean. After a gradual entrance, she was eventually clinging to a pool noodle and kicking her legs. (While one of us held her.)
- We got burgers from our favourite joint and had a picnic at another lake.
- I fit into all of my pre-pregnancy pants! (There was one last pair that was holding out on me but they finally gave in.)
- We went to Vancouver and visited family and got to introduce Pearl to some family for the first time.
- I bought non-maternity clothing for the first time in over a year.
- Pearl slept in her own room for the first time!
- Pearl slept in her crib (not her bassinet) for the first time!
- Pearl’s going through some sleep transitions so there were a couple of days that looked like this:
- (But things are getting better!)
Basically, we are having a terrific summer.