Here’s what I read this month. Reviews are up or coming.
1. Beijing Confidential – Jan Wong (Doubleday Canada, 2007)
My review is here.
2. The Curse of the Viking Grave – Farley Mowat (McClelland & Stewart, 1966)
Read my review here.
3. What’s So Amazing About Grace? – Philip Yancey (Zondervan Publishing House, 1997)
4. The Navigator of New York – Wayne Johnston (Vintage Canada, 2002)
5. Death Benefits – Sarah N. Harvey (Orca Book Publishers, 2010)
6. My Secret Sister – Helen Edwards & Jenny Lee Smith (Pan Books, 2013)
7. Roverandom – J.R.R. Tolkien (HarperCollinsPublishers, 2002)
8. The Lotus Eaters – Tatjana Soli (St. Martin’s Griffin, 2011)
9. The Sorrow of War – Bao Ninh (Riverhead Books, 1993)
10. Going After Cacciato – Tim O’Brien (Broadway Books, 1999)
11. Crazy Love – Francis Chan (Gale Cengage Learning, 2007)
The Tenderness of Wolves – Stef Penney
Love Wins – Rob Bell
The Everlasting Man – G.K. Chesterton
I told myself I would keep reading it until the end of September and then let it go. I’m pretty close to the end but I’m leaving it be. As close as I am, I’m still not entirely sure what the books about and I don’t agree with much of it. I’d recommend reading Orthodoxy instead.