Highlights of the week:
- Repotting herbs and finding homes for new plants around the garden.
- Laundry hanging on the line.
- First watermelon of the year.
- Backyard days with my littlest while Big Sister is at school. We have snacks. She plays. I hang laundry and work in the garden and read my books.
- No pictures but the girls and I fully embraced our final Pro-D Day of the year. I’m not sure if that’s a BC term or not but basically it’s a day set aside for teachers to do extra learning while the students get the day off. In our house that means Peter goes to work but Pearl stays home. After a slow morning, the girls and I headed to one of their favourite local parks. We ran into two friends from church with their little girls who we haven’t seen in months and Pearl and Rose had a blast playing with friends once more. At lunch I ran over to a nearby pizza place and we had a picnic. They were having such a good time that we stayed for hours. We got ice cream in the afternoon and ran into a friend of Pearl’s from school and so the girls wanted to head back to the playground for more play. I had just given them a ten minute warning when our close friends showed up so we ended up staying an extra half hour. It was a perfect small town day.
- An afternoon at the beach and Orange Crush floats.
- It continues to be so fun to watch friends near and far get their vaccines. I love the excitement with which people are sharing their vaccine selfies on social media. My sore arm after the Moderna shot lasted about 36 hours. One other side affect that I had heard of anecdotally but hadn’t been officially warned of seems to have been that my menstrual cycle jumped up by a week. Not usually one to chat menstruation on the internet but I’ve heard this from other women so if this is relevant to you, be prepared!
- And a few other pictures from around our yard this week.
Happy Weekend, friends!